Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just Doing It....

Iphone photo

I started running several months ago on an old treadmill. Somehow it's design only allows for it to be slightly inclined. During this time I tried to just be able to stay at a run for 30 minutes. It seemed that every day was up and down. I was happy if I did 2.5 miles. Then one day I decided to take a run outside from my house to the river and back. I did not know how far or long it was. I only knew that it felt like a very decent run. I got home and saw that I ran 1 hour and 20 minutes. Then I mapped it at mapmyrun.com and found that I ran 6 miles. (well ok walked about 1 mile of it.) Ever since, I have been running 6 miles every day or every other day now for about 2 weeks. And walking very little, only on the hill that is straight up. It feels great. Still I'm a slow runner. But I'm happy just to say I'm doing it. The new shoes made such a difference on my knees and toes. I feel I could go on doing this for a while. I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning... :)

No comments: